About group companies
Established in early 70’s, Emami group has grown in India with presence diversified sectors such as FMCG, newsprint manufacturing and packaging boards, edible oil and biodiesel, real estate, hospitals, ballpoint tip manufacturing, retail, pharmacy chain, cement, solar power and contemporary art. Founded by two friends, Mr RS Agarwal and Mr RS Goenka, Emami today is a trusted and loved brand of the nation with over 25,000 employees and a group turnover of about Rs.10,000 cr with a market valuation of around Rs.45,000 cr.
- FMCG - Emami Limited is one of the leading and fastest growing personal and healthcare businesses in India, with an enviable portfolio of household brand names such as Boroplus, Navratna, Fair and Handsome, Zandu balm, Mentho Plus balm and Fast Relief.
W - www.emamiltd.in
- Newsprint- Emami Paper enjoys the position of being the largest manufacturer of newsprint in India, and the only manufacturer in eastern India with units in Kolkata and Balasore.
W - www.emamipaper.in
- Ball pen tips manufacturing - CRI is a specialized company that creates and designs pen tips for the leading writing instrument brands of the world. CRI today stands as the first and only pen tip manufacturing company in India to be awarded the highly prized ISO 9001-2000 Certification. It operates from two state-of-the-art production facilities, one at Ahmedabad: a purpose-built facility, and the other at Kolkata
W - www.critips.com
- Retail- Starmark, retailing books, stationeries and gift items, it is one of the biggest retail stores in Kolkata with 5 stores and plans for further expansion.
W - www.starmark.in
- Pharmacy – Emami Frank Ross Ltd, is the oldest and largest pharmacy chain in Eastern India. The first Frank Ross store was set up in 1906. An ambitious plan of having a network of the pharmacy chain with over 150 outlets all over India has been taken up by the Group.
W - www.frankrosspharmacy.com
- Infrastructure and development - Emami also has large presence in real estate in West Bengal. It has successfully executed more than 24 prestigious residential and commercial construction projects, mainly in Kolkata. The existing projects span across the states of West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
W - www.emamirealty.com W - www.southcityprojects.com W - www.urbana.co.in
- Art - Emami Chisel Art Gallery since inception has promoted Indian art and young artists through numerous exhibitions, retrospectives, art catalogues and publications. It has established itself as one of the finest venues in East India, dealing in works of both modern and contemporary art . Spread across 15000 sq ft. the gallery collection includes paintings, sculptures, prints and drawings sourced from the artists themselves, or from reputed art galleries and private collectors. ECA is embellished with a characteristic mix of genuine masterpieces and rare collections from India's eminent artists and contribution from the new generation contemporary artist. W - www.emamichisel.com
- Edible oil – The brand Healthy and Tasty is one of the most admired edible oil brand in the country manufactured and marketed by Emami . Now known as Emami Agrotech Ltd
W - www.emamibiotech.com
- Healthcare- AMRI, is the first super-speciality hospital in Eastern India to provide comprehensive cancer treatment. It is also the largest hospital in the private sector.
W - www.amrihospitals.in
- Cement - The Group is setting up a Cement Plant in Chhattisgarh and units for grinding will be set up in West Bengal and Orissa.
- Bio diesel– Emami has also forayed into the production of biodiesel , a substitute of diesel made from 100% renewable biological sources. Now known as Emami Agrotech Ltd
W - www.emamibiotech.com