About group companies
Established in early 70’s, Emami group has grown in India with presence in major sectors of FMCG, real estate, hospitals, retail, newsprint manufacturing, pharmacy chain, contemporary art ,edible oil and biodiesel . Founded by two friends Mr RS Agarwal and Mr RS Goenka, Emami today ,is a trusted and loved brand of the nation with over 20,000 employees and a group turnover of about Rs 6000 cr.
- FMCG - Emami Limited is one of the leading and fastest growing personal and healthcare businesses in India, with an enviable portfolio of household brand names such as Boroplus, Navratna, Fair and Handsome, Zandu balm, Mentho Plus balm and Fast Relief.
W - www.emamiltd.in
- Newsprint- Emami Paper enjoys the position of being the largest manufacturer of newsprint in India, and the only manufacturer in eastern India with units in Kolkata and Balasore. The firm recently invested Rs 2000 cr for capacity expansion as well as to foray into the pulp and writing paper segment.
W - www.emamipaper.in
- Ball pen tips manufacturing - CRI limited manufacturing ball point tips is another unit of the Emami Group. It is the fourth largest tips manufacturing unit in the world with manufacturing units in West Bengal and Gujarat. It has been consistent winner of the best exporter’s award from the Writing Instruments organization in India
W - www.critips.com
- Retail- Starmark, retailing books, stationeries and gift items, it is one of the biggest retail stores in Kolkata with 5 stores and plans for further expansion.
W - www.starmark.in
- Pharmacy – Emami Frank Ross Ltd, is the oldest and largest pharmacy chain in Eastern India. The first Frank Ross store was set up in 1906. An ambitious plan of having a network of the pharmacy chain with over 150 outlets all over India has been taken up by the Group.
W - www.frankrosspharmacy.com
- Infrastructure and development - Emami also has large presence in real estate in West Bengal. It has successfully executed more than 24 prestigious residential and commercial construction projects, mainly in Kolkata. The existing projects span across the states of West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
W - www.emamirealty.com W - www.southcityprojects.com W - www.urbana.co.in
- Art - Emami Chisel Art Gallery since inception has promoted Indian art and young artists through numerous exhibitions, retrospectives, art catalogues and publications. It has established itself as one of the finest venues in East India, dealing in works of both modern and contemporary art . Spread across 15000 sq ft. the gallery collection includes paintings, sculptures, prints and drawings sourced from the artists themselves, or from reputed art galleries and private collectors. ECA is embellished with a characteristic mix of genuine masterpieces and rare collections from India's eminent artists and contribution from the new generation contemporary artists.
- Edible oil – The brand Healthy and Tasty is one of the most admired edible oil brand in the country manufactured and marketed by Emami .
W - www.emamibiotech.com
- Healthcare- AMRI, is the first super-speciality hospital in Eastern India to provide comprehensive cancer treatment. It is also the largest hospital in the private sector.
W - www.amrihospital.com
- Cement - The Group is setting up a Cement Plant in Chhattisgarh and units for grinding will be set up in West Bengal and Orissa.
- Bio diesel– Emami has also forayed into the production of biodiesel , a substitute of diesel made from 100% renewable biological sources.
W - www.emamibiotech.com